I probably online shop wayyyy too often, but I’ve learned some tips and tricks along the way. If you are a shopaholic like I am, this is the post for you!
- EMAIL FOLDER – have one just for online shopping so all the marketing emails won’t get lumped with your utility bills. This also prevents you from checking it as often because it’s not in your inbox.
- WHAT SIZE IS THE MODEL WEARING – models usually wear a sample size (2/XS) so if the model is wearing a medium, then you know the item runs smaller and you should go up a size. Sometimes the model’s body measurements will be in the description, and those are usually really helpful.
- DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING SIMILAR – if the answer is yes, then you probably shouldn’t order it. It’s that simple. Trust me, I learned this the hard way.
- LEAVE ITEMS IN CART – for a few days. If a few days later you still want the item, then go for it. Sometimes we get wrapped up in the moment and think we want everything when in reality we don’t. Most of the time I end up taking items out of my cart because I didn’t like it as much anymore. Of course you can just return things, but sometimes we get lazy/busy you know?
- EBATES – earn money from online shopping? What? Ebates literally gives you money for shopping online, seriously. Most the major retail websites like Nordstrom, Kate Spade, Sephora, etc will have cash back if you purchase via Ebates. Sign up and save money!!
- SHOP AROUND – sometimes stores will have double cash back, so if you are on Bloomingdale’s and see a bag you want, you should also check Nordstrom, because if Nordstrom has double cash back, you should obviously order from Nordstrom. Shopping around also allows you to see if a site has a better sale or if there is a similar item for less expensive on another site.
- AVOID SCAM SITES – yeah those random online shopping websites on Facebook…don’t fall into the trap.
- CHECK BLOGS/YOUTUBE – real people give real opinions about items and website, such as wear and tear, how to wear the item, and much more. People like me!
I hope you enjoyed my eight tips for how to online shop. Leave a comment below if you have any other tips! Thanks for stopping by : )