Happy 2018, my loves! 🍾🥂 I really wanted to write this post last week but wanted to really get my thoughts together. I am so thankful for all your kind words and support the past year and am so grateful that you are reading this right now. I hope that through my blog, I can bring a little joy the way you have given so much to me. 💕
Some personal highlights of 2017:
- I turned 23! The first birthday after I started “adulting” 🎂
- The first full year of “adulting” and I am so thankful for my family and friends for being there for me and with me. I moved apartments, hosted my first housewarming party, and now own some stocks (the most “adult” thing ever!)
- I traveled more this year than ever (and hope to continue it this year). I went to Orlando, San Francisco, Milwaukee, Toronto, Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Denver, Portland, Washington DC, Montreal, Los Angeles, Seattle, Iceland, Copenhagen, Boston, different parts of New Jersey, and more! For all travel-related posts, see the travel section on my blog. I will definitely be adding more to that section this year!
- My parents visited me in New York City because I was not able to take time off work to go home, but am super excited to go back home to Taiwan in about a month! It has been over one and a half years 😮
- I finally addressed some issues in my personal life through some therapy sessions. I am always hesitant to talk about the bad aspects of life on my blog, but it is so important and healthy to talk about these issues.
- I now truly understand what my mom always told me growing up, that when I am so far away from home, my friends are my family. There is a beautiful Chinese saying for this that I cannot translate, but you get the point 🤗
- I started www.lovekimber.com!! I love having this space to share what I love and if there is anything you want to see on here, please comment below or email me!
Some goals and new year’s resolutions for 2018: (see last year’s resolutions)
- This is definitely a cliche, but eating healthy and working out are definitely on this list. I honestly did pretty well in 2017, except in December, so time to get back into the groove! 🏃🏻♀️
- Buy less things. I love sharing fashion posts on my blog, through my shop page, and my Instagram. However, I definitely need to stop buying so many things because a) my closet is overflowing, b) I need to save money, and c) I have some more expensive things on my wishlist so quality over quantity.
- I also have some career goals for my full-time job as a data science consultant, like a promotion and some more traveling projects.
- My friend told me about SMART goals, and I have that written down in my planner so I can look back on them easily. Basically, there are more on the list and will be sharing them during the year!
Finally, I wanted to share with you how I celebrated New Year’s Eve! Two of my friends visited me in the city and because it was freezing cold outside, we stayed in for a wine and cheese night to watch the ball drop on TV. These glitter wine bottles from One Hope Wine are the same ones that I had for my housewarming party, and I seriously love them! We had a mini photoshoot because why not, and then changed into comfy clothes haha. We popped some champagne, munched on some cheese, and chatted about possibly going to Paris together this year ✈️🥐😍
2017 surprised me in more ways than one and it was an amazing year, but I love looking to the new year as a celebration of the future. Comment below what posts you want to see this year and what your new year’s resolutions are! Thank you so much for stopping by : )