Less than a month until Valentine’s Day! This is definitely not a holiday that people get suuuper excited about, but it’s still a celebration and an excuse to do something special. Presents are not a must, but how can you say no to presents? 😉 Today I have three gift ideas for him and for her, as well as three date ideas that I would love to do on Valentine’s Day!
- Something practical. Guys generally like practical things, like a Daniel Wellington watch, a tile, or a tie. A DW watch is classy and casual, and on the lower price point for watches. If he tends to lose things, a tile is a must! I have one on my keys (still need to upgrade it) and it’s pretty damn awesome. Or you can buy him a tie to wear on future dates!
- Alcohol. But not just any alcohol. It has to be something he enjoys, like a bottle of Gold Label Johnnie Walker or a set like this. The bottles are also great for decoration!
- Coupon book. DIY-ed of course. You can make “coupons” for future date ideas or things you want to do together. What’s better than a homemade gift?
- Romantic sweets. Most girls like chocolates and cupcakes, but if she doesn’t, then just skip this one. These Charbonnel et Walker Marc de Champagne Truffles are PINK and what is better than a bouquet of flower cupcakes? If you are single and in the tristate area, order a bouquet of flower cupcakes and share them with your friends!
- Couple tshirts. You’re probably thinking, wow so cheesy. Well, it’s only annoying when couples wear them all the time and post ten Instagrams of them wearing their matching shirts. If the couple shirts have an inside joke, it makes an even better present!
- Something that has been on her wishlist. To be honest, girls are not that difficult to shop for, but Valentine’s Day presents tend have an element of romance just because you give it to her on the day everyone celebrates love.
- High-end restaurant. A high-end restaurant can be intimidating, especially if you and your significant other don’t usually go to fancy places. If you want to go to a popular place, like Butter in NYC, remember to book wayyy in advance! (comment below if you recognize this restaurant from Gossip Girl haha)
- Home-cooked meal and Netflix. This can be super romantic, but I feel like you have to cook something that you guys don’t normally cook together to make it special. After you’re stuffed with deliciousness, it’s time to sit back, relax, watch some Netflix, and enjoy each other’s company.
- Day trip. Somewhere close by that you two have been wanting to go together? For a NYC dweller like me, it would be places like Brooklyn or Philly. We just have to hop on the train or bus in the morning and come back at night. Of course you can extend this trip, but there is something about day trips that make me feel accomplished (plus, you don’t have to pack).
I hope you enjoyed my take on Valentine’s Day and remember to come back for another Valentine’s post! Thanks for stopping by : )